Monday 8 June 2009

To Lulworth Cove " A touch of human Kindness"








The past few days have been extremely hard both mentally and physically, I was becoming slightly over whelmed by the extent and size of the trip.

Saturday morning before heading to Lulworth Cove, both Chris and I were abruptly woken up at 5.45 by a 4x4, the wheel only a few feet from my head as he was rushing to get past the tents to the catch the tide.

We arrived at Lulworth Cove Inn on Saturday afternoon, the weather was a North Easterly force 4, once I got rid of the feeling of being totally intimidated, I enjoyed the rough weather. Chris was his usual self, calm and collected.

Sunday was an extremely hard day I felt both mentally and physically exhausted. Trying to find somewhere to keep warm after a windy and wet night, I stumbled into a pub, where a Scottish lad called Dom was getting it ready for opening. He said the pub was shut and not opening till 12, I asked if I could stay for a while in the warm and after explaining to him about our trip he was more than welcoming. After hearing about our trip the owner David of Lulworth Cove Inn came from behind the bar and said we could stay the night in a double room, have a roast dinner for lunch and breakfast in the morning. When you're down in the dumps, struggling and needing some normality, human kindness was there to pick you up.

We are just about to leave the cove and head around Portland Bill, hopefully the tidal races are kind.

Thank you to my family and friends for all the texts and conversations of support over the past few weeks, cheers guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment