Thursday 4 June 2009

Chris and the duckln

We crossed for the Isle of Wight last Sunday, my first crossing complete. Things got a little exciting for a few minutes when a Catamaran sprung up from behind a couple of tankers, some quick back paddling was called for, fun and games.

Really appreciated the Isle of Wight as we finally got the chance to see some beautiful landscape, any one who hasn’t paddled there before, its well it worth a trip.

Monday was a hard day,an excuse to chill out in the sunshine.

Chris has been spending time teaching particular kayak strokes and techniques, I thought the title was appropriate as I tend to feel as though he’s the mother duck and I’m the duckling following behind.

The needles were pretty spectacular, would have been fun at a spring tide. We have literally just arrived in Bournemouth, slight de-tour so we could meet up with my sis.

Thank you to my brother’s wife’s parents Morrine and Nigel for the treats, both packs of Harry’s disappeared in one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment